ruca55

Would Allergy Meds Affect Blood Test?

Rate this topic

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone would know if allergy medication would affect a blood test? At the time I was on AllegraD, Nasonex as well as Singular. My blood work was supposedly negative. (I was told over the phone, I see some people have copies of actual numbers and test that were run). Anyway, looking back I realized I had been taking all of that allergy medicine.

Thanks

I don't think allergy meds would affect a celiac screening since celiac and gluten intolerance are not allergies. It might be helpful to post the results of the tests with their reference ranges. Some doctors will call a low positive a negative. That said false negatives on both blood tests and biopsies are not uncommon. When your done with all celiac related testing a good strict trial of the gluten-free diet will give you the answer.

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone would know if allergy medication would affect a blood test? At the time I was on AllegraD, Nasonex as well as Singular. My blood work was supposedly negative. (I was told over the phone, I see some people have copies of actual numbers and test that were run). Anyway, looking back I realized I had been taking all of that allergy medicine.

Thanks

Drs are required by law to provide copies of lab tests to patients. Most are very willing to do this.