MargoS

Need Dna Experts! Gene Dose Effect - Dq Type And Oat Tolerence

Rate this topic

Hi All, I just got my DNA tests back. This stuff is so confusing to interpret! Anyone of the well-versed board members able to help answer this? Here are the results:

HLA-DQ2

(DQA1*05/DQB1*02) Positive

HLA-DQ8

(DQA1*03/DQB1*0302) Negative

HLA-DQA1* 02

HLA-DQA1* 05

HLA-DQB1* 0201

HLA-DQB1* 0202

Am I right to say that my "type" is DQ2.5/DQ2.2? If that is so, having two of the DQ2 markers- I have read, puts those people at a higher risk for celiac disease (which I already have) - AS WELL as sensitivity to oats?

Anyone else out there with this typing that know they are sensitive to oats?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your blood test results showing something that you can wave at recalcitrant doctors ;) .

Had never heard of this before. Went to wikipedia and started reading, interesting hypothesis. Is it the human or the oats? B)

HLA DQ2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-DQ2#DQ2_isoforms_and_DQ2_haplotypes

oat sensitivity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat_sensitivity

I have no idea what my genetics are as I have never had it done. However I am extremely sensitive to any oats even the pure certified gluten free ones.

I had a lot of confusion about the correlation between the genetic markers and the DQ serology tests. Finally I read the Wikipedia article about HLA-DQ and now I can figure out what the DNA assay means and what the serology results would be. With that overview you can go on to read about the different DQs and the subgroups, in your case HLA-DQ2.

I have no idea about the oats.

Yes, you have DQ2,5 and DQ2,2.