Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for almost 2 weeks (not counting tonight which was a big mistake). One thing I've noticed is I feel like I have almost no appetite. I'll force myself to eat because otherwise I feel very weak. But I'll be hungry and eat in the morning, and it's like 2 in the afternoon (7 hours later) and I'm feeling shaky from not eating, but not hungry at all. I track my calories and I'm barely getting 1000 a day, if that.

Anybody else start feeling markedly less hungry after starting the diet? Do you make yourself eat or wait to see if it's maybe your body detoxing?

Maybe you should try eating small meals more frequently...1,000 calories a day is just not enough. My appetite definitely improved after being gluten-free but it took awhile. Even at three months gluten-free I wasn't all that hungry.

I felt that way at the beginning, too. I made myself eat. I also found that eating more whole foods and avoiding the processed foods made a difference in my appetite.

I don't have any advice for you but I am the same way. I just never really get hungry. At least you eat in the morning, that is good and the advice to eat small meals or snacks throughout the day may be helpful. Since you have blood sugar issues keeping a protein snack like nuts or a hard boiled egg to have along with some gluten-free pretzels or crackers may help keep that more stable.