tennisman

Depression Treatments ?

Rate this topic

I have read many things about celiac disease and depression being connected . Can anyone recommend the best ways to try and deal with depression ?

I have seen a counselor , I did 12 sessions and it seemed to help a little but after my sessions stopped I became worse again. My doctor told me I was depressed and very anxious but didn't give me any advice on how to deal with either. I have had celiac disease for over 8 years and I never had a problem with it, untill the last year or so and nowdays I really hate being Celiac :angry: which is making me feel more down :(

What treatments can I try to help improve my depression ? At the moment I feel like I want to drink alcohol all the time as that helps B)

Thanks

David :)

I deal with anxiety and OCD (and celiac, blech!)

Exercise, a good counselor, medication (lots of gluten free ones) and relaxation therapy. I find that when I deal with the anxiety, etc. the celiac doesn't seem bad to have at all!

I have read many things about celiac disease and depression being connected . Can anyone recommend the best ways to try and deal with depression ?

I have seen a counselor , I did 12 sessions and it seemed to help a little but after my sessions stopped I became worse again. My doctor told me I was depressed and very anxious but didn't give me any advice on how to deal with either. I have had celiac disease for over 8 years and I never had a problem with it, untill the last year or so and nowdays I really hate being Celiac :angry: which is making me feel more down :(

What treatments can I try to help improve my depression ? At the moment I feel like I want to drink alcohol all the time as that helps B)

Thanks

David :)

I know this may sound a little out there to some people and i was hugely skeptical but i tried Hypnotherapy to help with my panic attacks, severe anxiety and that feeling of complete hopelessness. I was so suprised, i had a few sessions and i was fine, and when im feeling a bit low again i have one session or two as a pick me up.

I deal with anxiety and OCD (and celiac, blech!)

Exercise, a good counselor, medication (lots of gluten free ones) and relaxation therapy. I find that when I deal with the anxiety, etc. the celiac doesn't seem bad to have at all!

Thanks for the advice :) What is relaxation therapy ? It sounds great good :)

I know this may sound a little out there to some people and i was hugely skeptical but i tried Hypnotherapy to help with my panic attacks, severe anxiety and that feeling of complete hopelessness. I was so suprised, i had a few sessions and i was fine, and when im feeling a bit low again i have one session or two as a pick me up.

Hypnotherapy seems like a great idea. I have tried a few Hypnotherapy mp3's they seem to help a little. I will look into it more , Thanks for the advice :)