ruca55

Anyone Else Have Pain Fron The Knees Down?

Rate this topic

I've got an "ache" in my knees, shins, ankles and feet that seems to be getting progressively worse. In the winter, I recall waking up in the morning thinking oh no I must be getting the flu. It's only 11:00am and I feel like I've been standing all day. We just did Disney in December, there's no way I could walk that much right now. How could there be such a difference so soon?

Are you gluten free?

The first year or two I was ill I had that fatigue and leg pain. Just exactly as you describe. It went away eventually when I stopped gluten and salicylic acid. I was taking Ibuprofen to control the leg pain, and aches, and in the end learned that salicylic acid and Celiac were messing with my metabolism so much that it was causing that pain. Do you take anything for it? If so...read about salicylic acid...1 in 100 are intolerant. If you do not take anything then it could be gluten. I have that pain again if I get any gluten. Hope it goes away soon for you.

No, I'm not gluten free right now. My endoscopy is Monday.

Oh wow...I hope you try gluten free even if the testing turns out negative. It really could cause the problems you describe.

Yes, regardless of the test results I will be going gluten free. A couple of weeks ago I had to have my gallbladder removed, as I started to get an appetite back after surgery I was able link symptoms (horrible sinus like headaches that also went up the back of my neck) to what I was eating. I spent 3 years "chasing my tail" trying to discover the cause of the headaches. The only reason I choose the biopsy is 1) I have some concerns about my daughter and 2)I have to go in for a colonoscopy anyway so they are doing it at the same time.

You can go gluten-free as soon as your endoscopy/biopsy has been done. You don't have to wait for the results, which will probably take a week or so. Hopefully you feel better soon!