Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some of you can help answer a test question.

My son took the test (has reoccuring ulcers in mouth, low D, Low Iron, muscle pain,e tc...)

His test came out a: 3 The test said anything over a 8 is a positive.

Could he be celiac positive with a 3? or even sensitive? We hadn't been loading up on gluten at all prior

to the test.

Advice please.

Was this a blood test? It appears to be normal, but there is a 20% error rate for blood tests (I actually think my sister had a false negative - I'm so sure she has some sort of intolerance). And I've heard that some people have a gluten intolerance (that isn't Celiac) that doesn't show up in test results.

If you think it could still be Celiac or an intolerance you can try putting him on the diet and see if he feels better. A lot of people on this board have done it and find that their symptoms disappeared. Self-diagnosis and feeling awesome is better than not doing anything and feeling horrible.

Hope everything works out!

Whatever test it was, if the range is over 8 positive, and he tested a 3, he failed the test :D I guess it was one of the celiac tests so that means that he does not test positive for celiac. That does not, however, mean he has no problem with gluten. It just means that the problem is not celiac disease, as is defined by the blood tests and specific biopsy test. He can still be non-celiac gluten intolerant. Loading on gluten would not make any difference to his test result; eating gluten light could.. The recommended gluten consumption is the equivalent of three to four slices of bread a day for an adult. I am not sure how much a child of unspecified age would have to eat.

Thanks for your answers everyone. All of this is a nightmare to find out.

The elimination diet stinks. It's so hard to know what is what and takes forever.

I am going to get an allergy food test panel/and tree's, pollen, etc..panel.

I AM tired of Dr's!!! ACK

Thanks for your answers everyone. All of this is a nightmare to find out.

The elimination diet stinks. It's so hard to know what is what and takes forever.

I am going to get an allergy food test panel/and tree's, pollen, etc..panel.

I AM tired of Dr's!!! ACK

I know how you feel. I got massively sick for most of February and March. I went to three different doctors before getting my diagnosis (and I was the one who said "I think it could be Celiac. I want to get tested for that"). Then I had to get my endoscopy done twice because it didn't work the first time. It was really stressful. Just keep looking forward to the future when you find out what it is and things get easier.