MissBonnie

Still In Healing Phase. How To Get Rid Of The Soreness?

Rate this topic

im still healing. was only in hospital for stomach pain 2 months ago so im not expecting miracles. im slowly feeling much much better, but the past 2 weeks ive been really sore. i mean i havent been out of bed. this is the first time its happened since going gluten free 2 months ago. i was thinking i cross contaminated so ive bought all new kitchen things since. my question is, how do i ease the pain? shorten the length of it? anything really that could help? are there any tricks you guys have that you could share. ive just gotten rid of dairy yesterday and today im even feeling a little less sore. i also take L Glutamine capsules since a few days ago. anything else i should be doing? i cant deal with potent drinks though :blink:

Take probiotics to promote healthy gut flora. Take digestive enzymes to help out your pancreas which may not be producing enough.

Water, drink lots of it.

Taking hot showers helps me when its really bad, heck even a nice hot bath would work (as hot as you can stand it).

Try walking a little bit, sometimes that helps with pain.

Some of us have a situation about that time where our intestinal nerves seem to be healing and sending tons of long dormant info to our brains, confusing the heck out it. For me, starting around 6 weeks, it was like static on a radio that is not tuned to a station turned up real loud. Just constant bombarding my consciousness with a bunch an unchanging static that was very unpleasant. On top of that all of the normal movement down felt very strong and cramp-like. I would wake up with only the noise...then about the time my breakfast started moving through my intestines it would be this near constant over-communication from all that was going on down there.

I think after a time your brain adjusts to having the info again and does the proper things with it (subconsciously) and you are no longer aware of it.

After a few weeks the noise has died down now for me, and the over-communication of the movement seems to be limited to the last part of the small intestine just before it empties into the large int.

Hang in there. It will get better with time.

Take probiotics to promote healthy gut flora. Take digestive enzymes to help out your pancreas which may not be producing enough.

ive been taking a probiotic but whats this everyone is saying about digestive enzymes? ive never heard of taking them. do i get them in pill form? im a little behind lol. but thanks heaps!

Water, drink lots of it.

Taking hot showers helps me when its really bad, heck even a nice hot bath would work (as hot as you can stand it).

Try walking a little bit, sometimes that helps with pain.

thanks. yes i love hot baths they help alot! must keep up my water though you're right

ive been taking a probiotic but whats this everyone is saying about digestive enzymes? ive never heard of taking them. do i get them in pill form? im a little behind lol. but thanks heaps!

Gluten often has a negative effect on our pancreas - which is a little factory which manufactures enzymes which help us digest our food, lipase for fat, amylase, cellulase, etc., etc., and the pancreas takes a little holiday, leaving us with difficulty digesting the food that is coming through the intestinal tract. Taking these supplements helps the digestion so that food does not putrefy in the gut. :D or does not churn around in there needlessly or hurry through as fast as it can.

Gluten often has a negative effect on our pancreas - which is a little factory which manufactures enzymes which help us digest our food, lipase for fat, amylase, cellulase, etc., etc., and the pancreas takes a little holiday, leaving us with difficulty digesting the food that is coming through the intestinal tract. Taking these supplements helps the digestion so that food does not putrefy in the gut. :D or does not churn around in there needlessly or hurry through as fast as it can.

thanks i didnt know any of that. ill have to invest in some tomorrow for sure!