Keggy

Gluten, Thyroid And Blood Clot Go Together?

Rate this topic

Hello, looking for answers or some guidance that I am not gong crazy:) I have multiple symptoms and am tired of this 11 long year road. I was just currently in the hospital with a small blood clot in the lung. While in the hospital a new symptom started for me. When I eat certain foods I would have a coughing fit. I have hosmito's (thyroid disorder). I have been tested for diabetes and the tests come back nil. everytime. My symptoms seem to somewhat mimic diabetes, but also thyroid symptoms, but the big concern for me is when I eat and how I feel afterwards has been the biggest noticable problem for me. My body aches, doesn't heal fast, I sometimes get itchy, my throat feels swollen and tight but not that it is causing me breathing difficulties. I also become very numb and tired after I eat. I usually go to the bathroom twenty minutes after eating, I diffinetly get the bloated belling like I am five months pregnant and is really uncomforable. I go through sweats and then chills. Which then cause my body to feel like I am have heart symptoms. I get a burning sensation in the chest, my left breast/back really pinch and ache. It's almost like the muschles in my body tighten..., I get a weired sensation in my head sometimes and vision can be affected. Basically I feel like two different people and that my body is in a shock state and it's like I feel it fighting inside. I can actually feel the movements in each part of my body and it is the weirdest thing. I am becoming very anxious and tired of having test after tests done with no results.

Thank you

Hi Keggy, Sorry you are unwell. I have had blood clots and a PE so know what you are going through right now.

Have you been tested for Factor V Leiden and APS ( Hughes Syndrome ) ? www.fvleiden.org is a genetic disease of the blood that never skips a generation but can increase the risk of clotting. I have FVL but they only tested me 3 years after my first DVT. It was only discovered in around 1995 so lots of Drs know very little about it. It i a genetic blood test.

APS is an autoimmune disease of the blood and therefore could be assoc with Coeliac and Hashimotos Thyroid. It is assoc with Lupus as well, but you can have Lupus and not have APS and vice versa. The tests for APS start with the lupus tests. http://www.apsfa.org/

Hope this helps a bit..

Have they tested you for celiac? I would ask them to do so.

• Upvote 1

Hashimoto's and celiac go hand in hand. You absolutely need celiac testing. It would probably be better for your thyroid if you go off gluten once the tests are done, no matter what they say.

Thank you sooooo much for the valuable information:))) It has reasured me a lot! Will keep you posted on the diagnosis.

Love and Light,

Keggy

Have they tested you for celiac? I would ask them to do so.

I am currently being tested through blood work and depending on the blood work then they will send me for the biopsy.

Hashimoto's and celiac go hand in hand. You absolutely need celiac testing. It would probably be better for your thyroid if you go off gluten once the tests are done, no matter what they say.

Thank you so much. I really do feel that the two are going together all of the time. I have days when I have had a gluten free, stress free, well balanced day and felt amazing. I have done a lot of research on the thyroid and gluten and they really do mimic each other.