Debbie B in MD

Daughter's Second Opinion Today

Rate this topic

My daugthter had her second opinion today and it was a great visit. This doc couldn't have been anymore different than the first. He said that with her bloodwork and response to the diet and the challenge, that a endoscopy wasn't really necessary.He then did a ton of bloodwork for vitamins/minerals, CBC, liver antibodies, and a bunch of other stuff that I will tell you about when we get the results. SHe passed out after tube #12 or 13 and they continued to draw. It was awlful. It took a while to really get her back I was a wreck. She later said better blood work than an endoscopy. She is 15. I'll let you know how the blood work turns out.

Three cheers for a positive doctor experience. :D Yeah, that is a lot of blood to be drawn but she will make it back up in no time. Your new doc is being very thorough, and I am plesed for you and your daughter.

That is a lot. My SIL draws blood for a living. She said it isn't uncommon for teenagers to get light headed or pass out even for a small amount. She said they are likely to be dehydrated.

Hopefully, if you have to repeat, you can do some in 3 month and some in 6.