color_me_confused

Having Some Anxiety Trouble

Rate this topic

I've been having a lot of gluten anxiety the past few weeks. I successfully went on a short vacation and managed to be almost 100% gluten free but all I though about was eating safely. At work the only time I can relax when eating is if I'm sitting in my office eating something I brought...the lunchroom is a perilous place. Our home isn't gluten-free so I'm always wiping down the fridge handle, counters, etc. and every meal is accompanied by a bit of paranoia. Now I've got tons of work stress AND some other medical problems in the family on top of this and I'm getting a pounding heart, nausea, dizziness...feel like I'm on the edge here. This feels like too much to handle all at once!

I know the work problems will subside soon. Does the gluten anxiety ever subside?

It does, but you have GOT to get every last trace of gluten out of your diet.

It is very hard to do and sometimes you won't know where it came from, but you will KNOW when it happens because that type of anxiety is very specific to gluten ingestion.

Examine everything again, you might be getting cross- contamination or trace gluten.

May be time to think about converting the home to a gluten free zone.

They (whoever you live with,unless it's a roomate situation and you're pretty much stuck) can eat it whenever they want elsewhere, just not in the house.

Make a gluten free area where you can just have your stuff. You'll get used to it hun, its not worth stressing yourself out mentally over. Just gotta get used to it i'm afraid.