hsmomof6

Glutened Or Gastroenteritis?

Rate this topic

I was recently diagnosed and have been gluten-free for about 2 months now. I developed some watery, yellow diarrhea today and I'm not sure whether I was glutened or have a GI virus/infection. I don't have any nausea, fever, etc. I did eat at our church dinner on Saturday and had some potatoes that looking back on it, may have had some gluten in the seasoning. I should have been more careful. I noticed my BM was getting softer yesterday and a bit more frequent, then the urgent D several times today. Could this be a gluten reaction? I am so new to this that I don't know what to expect. How do you ever tell the difference? I've been through so much over the last 10 months with horrible GI symptoms that any change in my BM pattern and I start to get anxious about "it" coming back again. Does that feeling ever go away?

I was recently diagnosed and have been gluten-free for about 2 months now. I developed some watery, yellow diarrhea today and I'm not sure whether I was glutened or have a GI virus/infection. I don't have any nausea, fever, etc. I did eat at our church dinner on Saturday and had some potatoes that looking back on it, may have had some gluten in the seasoning. I should have been more careful. I noticed my BM was getting softer yesterday and a bit more frequent, then the urgent D several times today. Could this be a gluten reaction? I am so new to this that I don't know what to expect. How do you ever tell the difference? I've been through so much over the last 10 months with horrible GI symptoms that any change in my BM pattern and I start to get anxious about "it" coming back again. Does that feeling ever go away?

I am going to guess that you got some gluten somewhere at the Church dinner. If you had a virus/infection you'd most likely have more symptoms. I would keep an eye on it for the next few days and be ultra careful with staying away from gluten and I'm betting it goes away! I've been gluten free for 7 months with excellent results so yes the feeling does go away. You're wise to question though because it's not always gluten but in this case I'm thinking it most likely is. Stay calm (and close to the bathroom for today)