Meg123

3 Qs, Stools, Challenge, And Ttg

Rate this topic

Ok, trying to resist the urge to apologize for the whole TMI thing, it's not easy, to not give a warning, and I guess I'll get used to it. I noticed there is no 'blush' emoticon in here :P (ie don't be embarrassed!!)

Q 1 Anyway, what I am wondering is what would ones stool be like if they were malabsorbing? I had to give a stool sample today and they were testing for signs of malabsorption. I was just wondering if there are any characteristics common?

Mine kind of varies in it's abnormality, I guess depending on what I've eated. I dont want to go in to too much detail, but it definately had some specific characteristics which were not normal. I suspected it may have been 'fatty' or something...

Q 2 I have noticed when I first started eating heaps of gluten I was really sick, and 7 weeks down the track, I'm no where near as bad as I was when I first started. I am just wondering if this is normal or am thinking maybe my issues aren't gluten related.

Q 3 In the reading I'm doing it says that ttg iga, can be raised in people with arthritis. I was just wondering if this is the Rheumatoid arthritis only (the autoimmune arthritis) or if they mean the garden variety Osteo Arthritis?

Thank you.