Di2011

Just Need An Outlet..no Reply Required!

Rate this topic

I had my first blood test today. Yesterday I cried off & on for about 3 hours. I just know I had a big wheat problem but the look on doctors face when I gave the family history, finishing with the bowel etc cancer, did me in.

I hope to get a positive result today.

I don't want to be sick

I don't want my 8 y/o to avoid anymore breakfasts and packed school lunch.

I don't want to itch myself crazy every evening and night with no relief.

I will go no-gluten tomorrow because despite the potential/official result I think gluten is not good for us (my son or I).

I hope for a positive and then others might play the game, otherwise I play on my own.

Thank you to everyone who adds so much great information to this forum. I can't thank you enough.

My daugther was diagnosed last week as celiac disease. She's 9. My husband and I have had our bloods done today. Still trying to decide about my two boys. My family history upsets me too when I talk about it. I have an aunt with IBS, and uncle who died a few years back who had years of problems with his bowels (to point of removing colon), my grandmother lost her fight to colon cancer when I was 5, and my cousin had bowel problems which took her life aged 21. My daughters bowel problems came around Dec last year. I mentioned to doctor after doctor of my family history but no one listened. Then we met a lovely gastro not too long ago who immediately ordered blood tests for my daugher incl. for celiac disease. Thank God for her is all I can say.

Chin up. I know exactly how difficult this is. I'm sure we can all sympathise and empathise with you xxx

I had my first blood test today. Yesterday I cried off & on for about 3 hours. I just know I had a big wheat problem but the look on doctors face when I gave the family history, finishing with the bowel etc cancer, did me in.

I don't want to be sick

I will go no-gluten tomorrow because despite the potential/official result I think gluten is not good for us (my son or I).

I hope for a positive and then others might play the game, otherwise I play on my own.

Thank you to everyone who adds so much great information to this forum. I can't thank you enough.

I really feel for you! I'm in the same boat, though as far as I can tell my boys seem to be okay so far. I'm impatiently waiting for my blood test results because while I know I'm going to stay away from gluten anyway because it makes me feel better, my husband has a very practical and "scientific" mindset. It would make this adjustment a lot easier if the blood test came back positive for celiac. Right now, I don't think he doubts I have it, but I think he thinks I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. :rolleyes:

I don't want to be sick

I know just how you feel. I'm currently in the waiting stage. I really would like to try a gluten-free diet, but was told not to because it can mess with my test results. I don't want to be sick either, but right now I really need answers, so really any hope of telling me what is making me feel terrible all the time. Hang in there. I know lots of people are probably going through similiar things right now too. I'm just thankful I found this site too.