asickdaddy

Ok I Finally Got My Test Results. It Took Forever And I Have No Idea Of Anything Still.

Rate this topic

ITG 6

TTG 359

They say not celiac because I was less than 10 in the ITG but isn't the TTG at 359 kind of high? Or does that not matter?

Did they give any reference ranges? That tTG does seem high but every lab has their own ranges that they use. Also what is ITG?

ITG 6

TTG 359

They say not celiac because I was less than 10 in the ITG but isn't the TTG at 359 kind of high? Or does that not matter?

Get the actual lab report from your Dr and post here with the normal range. I did a search but couldnt find any results for ITG. I also did not find a normal range for tTG but several people on this forum has reported their results and the 359 seems high to me. The tTG is a screening test and gives 20 to 30% false negatives. Doing a gluten challange diet then having a complete Celiac Panel of tests will give more information. See the information pages listed on the home page. My tests showed I had elevated anti gliadin antibodies but the tTg was not elevated. I ordered a DNA test online which showed I carry a main Celiac marker.

I'm stumped on ITG too. As everyone else has said, you need the "normal" range to judge whether your TTG is high.