hbartlett14

Dairy/gluten-Free Withdrawl

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free and dairy free (except for 1-2 small reactions) for 2 months now. I absolutely feel better. My stomach bloating, aching, itchy legs, tongue issues, constipation, gas has almost all improved 100%. However, I am having almost daily headaches and joint pain. ESPECIALLY MY SHOULDERS! My shoulders ache. Moreso at night time (when laying on them of course)I think it is from the dairy but I cannot be certain.

I'm wondering what withdrawal symptoms you guys are having, if any? and how long does it take to be free of these issues? (I can't even do shoulder exercises because they are so sore- sorry I'm a gym rat).

Also, what improvements have you all experienced since going gluten-free/DF? Even the small ones. Sometimes it is nice to read the good stuff that us healers can look forward to!

:-)

I have been gluten free and dairy free (except for 1-2 small reactions) for 2 months now. I absolutely feel better. My stomach bloating, aching, itchy legs, tongue issues, constipation, gas has almost all improved 100%. However, I am having almost daily headaches and joint pain. ESPECIALLY MY SHOULDERS! My shoulders ache. Moreso at night time (when laying on them of course)I think it is from the dairy but I cannot be certain.

I'm wondering what withdrawal symptoms you guys are having, if any? and how long does it take to be free of these issues? (I can't even do shoulder exercises because they are so sore- sorry I'm a gym rat).

Also, what improvements have you all experienced since going gluten-free/DF? Even the small ones. Sometimes it is nice to read the good stuff that us healers can look forward to!

:-)

my main withdrawal symptoms were nausea, dizziness, and terrible terrible anxiety. I had constant pain in my ribs on the right side and could not sleep on my right side, it felt like my intestines were going to "spill" out of me, sorry for the TMI.

hand in there. it will get better, though the healing of your gut may take time if you have celiac damage...

my main withdrawal symptoms were nausea, dizziness, and terrible terrible anxiety.

I stopped only two days ago after a gluten challenge and have these (plus digestive problems) I anxiety was so bad last night I thought i was going to die. Weird stuff gluten :blink:

Headaches and joint pain are reactions I have when I consume nightshades.(potatoes,peppers,chilies,tomatoes ,eggplant ect...)I was not able to isolate the cause until after I was gluten free for awhile.

Nightshades also effect my mood and temperament. I get really angry and mean. :ph34r:

Try eliminating nightshades for about 2 to 3 weeks and them reintroduce them and see if/how you react .