bbuster

Universal Orlando - City Walk Rocks!

Rate this topic

Just got back from Florida vacation, and we had some great restaurant meals...

City Walk at Universal Orlando - Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville

Hard Rock Cafe - 4 years ago they had no gluten-free menu, and limited knowledge. My son had a steak and dry salad, no french fries. This time I mentioned gluten-free and the manager came to our table explaining all the things they could prepare gluten-free - it took at least 5 minutes and included steaks, fish, chicken, ribs, wings, and woo-hoo - french fries from a dedicated fryer.

Margaritaville - last time their head chef called me and asked what special arrangements they could make for us, which were a cheeseburger with gluten-free bun, fries, and a gluten-free brownie sundae. This time all of those things are right on the menu!!! They now have a gluten-free menu, but items which can be provided gluten-free are also indicated with gluten-free symbol on their regular menu.

Nearby in Orlando, enjoyed gluten-free pizza at Uno's Chicago Bar & Grill. (We tried to find gluten-free pizza 4 years ago, but were unsuccessful.)

And we made a side trip to Ft. Myers and ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise, great cheeseburger on a gluten-free bun - small upcharge for the bun, but my son got his money's worth with the bottomless french fries. :D

It was so wonderful to see DS eat and enjoy what he wanted to eat at these restaurants. The rest of us did not eat gluten-free but had excellent food as well, and these places are unique and it's just fun to soak up the atmosphere - what a great vacation!

AWESOME! MY DD USUALLY GOES TO ORLANDO EVERY SUMMER WITH HER BFF BUT I DIDN'T LET HER GO THIS YEAR IN PART B/C OF THR NEW gluten-free WAY OF EATING & THE ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS IT WOULD CAUSE BFF'S MOM. WELL NEXT YEAR SHE WILL BE BETTER AT CHOOSING & MAKING HER OWN FOOD & CAN GO TO THE RESTAURANTS YOU MENTIONED. WE LIVE IN SO FL & ORLANDO IA JUST 4 HRS AWAY.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO IT IS VERY HELPFUL.

PS. DD HAS GROWN AN INCH SINCE MAR & ALL HER SHOES ARE NOW TOO SMALL YAY SHE IS GROWING! AND DS HAS GAINED 5 LBS RECENTLY. YAY 4 HIM TOO!!

(SRY FOR THE CAPS- I WASN'T YELLING)

PS. DD HAS GROWN AN INCH SINCE MAR & ALL HER SHOES ARE NOW TOO SMALL YAY SHE IS GROWING! AND DS HAS GAINED 5 LBS RECENTLY. YAY 4 HIM TOO!!

that's awesome!!

Cool! Thanks for the info! I live in Tampa and we go to Orlando every few months or so. It's nice to know that I won't have to pack a lunch. :P