Newtoitall

A Good Energy Boosting Snack?

Rate this topic

what's your favorite snack for boosting your energy up a bit during the day, y'know like a power bar, Do you have anything quick n easy or do you prepare something in bulk and package it so it's a quick n easy later on?

I tend to make my own snacks including fibre-rich dips such as hummus or roasted red pepper and walnut to eat with homemade crackers. I have tons of raw fruit and veg as well as make lots of smoothies (i.e. coconut milk mango, blueberry banana with flax, strawberry kiwi lime, etc.). Sometimes I like to roast raw nuts - favourites include rosemary cashews, spicy walnuts, chili lime almonds. I also enjoy fruit salad with a simple agave syrup dressing with poppyseeds and lime juice or watermelon with good balsamic.

What recipe do you use for homemade crackers? Storebought are so expensive, but it seems like an unusually high amount of work for a small amount of food for crackers :) I love to bake, but seem to have a mental block on the cracker thing.

Handful of peanuts and raisins.

Crunchmaster or Nut Thins crackers and hummus.

Apple slices with peanut butter.

Greek yogurt with honey or fruit.

Cottage cheese alone or with apple butter.

Slices of cheddar cheese and fruit.

Generally, something with protein plus something plant-derived in combination seems to keep me full longer than anything with a lot of carbs. If I know I'm going to be out I'll take a Lara bar or a baggie of nuts.

Almonds mixed with M&Ms. They keep for a long time in my desk drawer. I get an immediate sugar and pleasure boost from the chocolate, and staying power from the almonds. Plus they aren't messy.