Rate this topic

This is utterly embarassing, but has anyone else suffered from this as a symptom of a food allergy? I've been tested for celiac disease twice (blood test - both negative) because my 9yo daugter was diagnosed with it 4 years ago. I went to a colo-rectal surgeon because I thought he would be able to help me, but he told me I had this condition and that it was probably the most common thing that he diagnoses, yet I had never heard of it. Then I went to an allergist who did the skin prick test, but apparently I'm not allergic to anything - I cried. I was hoping he would have an answer for me and I could go home and avoid this or that and it would clear up. I'm so miserable - this has been going on for a long time and it's ruining my life. I'm doing an elimination diet, but funnily enough, I can eat potatoes, tomatoes and peppers, which kind of surprised me. I haven't seen anyone mention this before, maybe because of the nature of the condition (look it up - I'm not going to go into the gorey details). Is there anyone else out there who knows what I'm going through? :(

This is utterly embarassing, but has anyone else suffered from this as a symptom of a food allergy? I've been tested for celiac disease twice (blood test - both negative) because my 9yo daugter was diagnosed with it 4 years ago. I went to a colo-rectal surgeon because I thought he would be able to help me, but he told me I had this condition and that it was probably the most common thing that he diagnoses, yet I had never heard of it. Then I went to an allergist who did the skin prick test, but apparently I'm not allergic to anything - I cried. I was hoping he would have an answer for me and I could go home and avoid this or that and it would clear up. I'm so miserable - this has been going on for a long time and it's ruining my life. I'm doing an elimination diet, but funnily enough, I can eat potatoes, tomatoes and peppers, which kind of surprised me. I haven't seen anyone mention this before, maybe because of the nature of the condition (look it up - I'm not going to go into the gorey details). Is there anyone else out there who knows what I'm going through? :(

Yes, me. I had it from gluten. I kept thinking my kids had given me worms lol. Now I sometimes get a different version where.. um well it's like when I go to the toilet it feels like it's burning, and then later (I think because the irritation is healing) it itches. I am pretty sure that is a food reaction, but I don't know what to. I used to think casein but not so sure now.

Yes. I get it when I've been glutened.

Yes, I used to suffer from this horribly. I didn't know it had a name until now and I never associated it with celiac disease or gluten!! When I read this I realized that I haven't experienced this is at least a year or more! I used to deal with it every few days and it has faded away!!! Wow! Another thing to chalk up to going gluten-free/CF that I didn't realize had changed.

I had this for years and years. :(

It still bothered me even after I went gluten-free. However, it FINALLY cleared up when I went on an elimination diet and found I was allergic to tree-nuts and intolerant to corn. After removing these from my diet, the symptom cleared up.

I totally feel for your misery. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you are intolerant to something else and can find what it is with an elimination diet? Is it constant? Have you kept a food diary?