Mummyto3

Epiglottic Swelling After Endoscopy

Rate this topic

May be wrong now....I've never noticed epiglottis before, it appears flat at back of throat. Just mainly sore throat and hoarse voice. Hopefully be gone soon :)

Edited by Mummyto3

May be wrong now....I've never noticed epiglottis before, it appears flat at back of throat. Just mainly sore throat and hoarse voice. Hopefully be gone soon :)

She had the procedure yesterday, yes? A sore throat should only last a day or two after an endoscopy, so if it's still going on tomorrow, I'd get in touch with the doc. The swelling - I've never noticed that before.

Wish I could be more help!

I thought it was swollen because whenever I've checked their throats when theyre ill I've never noticed it. It looks like an extra tongue! I checked my sons throat and he has one too thats visible. She had procedure Tues and today throat is still sore. She's managed soft foods so far. I asked her this morning, she said its getting better but still sore. Will mention it to dr when he rings with results today. Its bad enough she's normally very ill on an evening, without having the extra pain of the throat. Its really hard to watch :(

can u give her a little tylenol to take the edge off? If she can have ice cream (or alternative) give it to her to soothe her throat I'm sure it will go away shortly.

Thanks. Its still sore but she's managing to eat all right now :)