Mummyto3

Bladder Problems Pre Diagonosis Of celiac disease

Rate this topic

Has anyone had bladder problems before diagnosis? My daughter suffered recurrent urine infections since she was four. We were told she wasn't emptying bladder properly, therefore, she was getting infections. I've read up that automatic neuropathy could lead to people not being able to emptying bladder fully. Wondering whether shes had the symptoms a lot longer than 7 months. She's nine now.

I had chronic bladder infections before diagnosis. I was drinking a lot of cranberry juice to prevent it. Still, I had to regularly take antibiotics for bladder infections. Now I've stopped drinking the cranberry juice, and I still haven't had any bladder problems. It was really bad as a kid. I was even hospitalized for it. It seems to be common for celiac children.

Hi, I had 5 years of bladder pain, swelling and pelvic pain. I was told I probably had intersticial cystitis. In the last 6 months I can say I have had no painful bladder symptoms. I have been Gluten free for 2 years. I believe the lining of the bladder is similiar to the lining in our intestines and can react to the autoimmune response we get from gluten causing swelling, pain and infections. Hopefully in time those symptoms will resolve.

• Upvote 1