Mummyto3

Any Side Effects After Going Gluten-Free?

Rate this topic

We're on day 3 of my daughter being gluten-free. I thought I read somewhere about withdrawal symtoms from gluten, so wondering if there's anything I should look out for? How did your kids react eating gluten-free?

TIA

The only thing I can think of is that they'll seem hungrier at first, because bread is very filling. But for kids it's far healthier to be eating fruit, say, rather than a junky processed floury food.

The worst side effect is on mom: how to prepare for packed lunches, snacks, play dates, birthday party replacements, and other social events. Those are the hardest things for kids to understand, and it's tedious to not be able to just grab something, or just go with the flow.

Hunger was the only negative side effect for us. Be careful to stay away from the prepackaged snack treats. Muffins , cupcakes etc... really empty calories and sugar highs and lows follow.

use popcorn or veggies for fillers and go light on the dairy .

If they have any behavioral symptoms when on gluten I have read their behavior can get worse for a while before getting better.

If they have any behavioral symptoms when on gluten I have read their behavior can get worse for a while before getting better.

We're now on day 4 and I haven't seen any improvement with behaviour. Praying it won't be long x