Rate this topic

my antibody tests came back neg!!! My body is not attacking my pancrease or thyroid! That means I just need to lose a few lbs, watch my sugar to keep my pre-d in tact (or get rid of it all together!)

something I did learn was that celiacs have a harder time with hypos bc of malabsorption which I completely agree with! I've only ever had 3 "high" readings (above 140) everything that's been the pain has been the hypos I can't avoid or come out of. Hopefully as my gut heals, those will dissipate!

my antibody tests came back neg!!! My body is not attacking my pancrease or thyroid! That means I just need to lose a few lbs, watch my sugar to keep my pre-d in tact (or get rid of it all together!)

something I did learn was that celiacs have a harder time with hypos bc of malabsorption which I completely agree with! I've only ever had 3 "high" readings (above 140) everything that's been the pain has been the hypos I can't avoid or come out of. Hopefully as my gut heals, those will dissipate!

Congratulations! Here's to better health.

That's great news Erin! :D

I saw a news story about diabetes being reversible by going on a restricted diet of 600 calories daily for a while. Sounds tuff but might be worthwhile. It was on BBC health site.

It might help to avoid sugar and carbs of course, and concentrate on protein for meals. One of the other members who has diabetes takes alpha lipoic acid and said it helps him keep his blood sugar stable.

That's great news Erin! :D

I saw a news story about diabetes being reversible by going on a restricted diet of 600 calories daily for a while. Sounds tuff but might be worthwhile. It was on BBC health site.

It might help to avoid sugar and carbs of course, and concentrate on protein for meals. One of the other members who has diabetes takes alpha lipoic acid and said it helps him keep his blood sugar stable.

I think I've read a similar study. I'm actually reading The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf right now... I've been doing it for about a week and have lost 2lbs... eating 1800 calories a day and haven't started actually exercising yet. I head back to the gym on Mon. I'm really excited about this b/c it's Gluten-free Casein-free (which I am already) so it's not a stretch just to dump all grains and other sugars altogether! Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!