tennisman

Glutened ?

Rate this topic

On thursday I think I accidentally had some gluten, a very tiny amount from cc . Since thursday night I have had bad stomach pain in the middle and left side of my stomach , I have always thought this type of pain is a gluten pain . It's completely different from the other stomach pain I have been getting the last few years . But I always thought if I have eaten gluten I get D , tiredness and stomach pain . Yet this time I just get stomach pain :S Could it be possible my symptoms have changed ? I really don't understand if it's a gluten pain or something else . It's been going on for 5 days and not improving , normally if I get this pain it lasts 3 or 4 days . I wish I could eat some gluten just to see what symptoms I get from being Glutened .

Also has anyone had a small bowel Mri scan ? I have to have one and on the letter it says I have to drink something but i'm not sure if it's gluten free .

Ask your doctor to write on the MRI request that the contrast needs to be gluten free. Usually the gluten free forms will be a thin liquid not the thick chalky stuff.

For the stomach pain have you tried Pepto Bismal liquid? That usually helps if it is something you can take.

It is possible for the D to take some time to show up. For myself it is 3 to 5 days after I injest the offending food. If I only have stomach pain and get C instead of D it is usually soy that is the offender but that may not apply for you.

Ask your doctor to write on the MRI request that the contrast needs to be gluten free. Usually the gluten free forms will be a thin liquid not the thick chalky stuff.

For the stomach pain have you tried Pepto Bismal liquid? That usually helps if it is something you can take.

It is possible for the D to take some time to show up. For myself it is 3 to 5 days after I injest the offending food. If I only have stomach pain and get C instead of D it is usually soy that is the offender but that may not apply for you.

Thanks I will ring my doctor :) Cool , I hope it's nothing like barium lol. I have never heard of Pepto Bismal liquid I will have to get some . My doctor gives me Mebeverine but it doesn't really do anything . When I was 1st diagnosed I got Mebeverine medicine which helped a little , but now they tell me i'm too old for the medicine and have to take the tablets which don't help. I'm usually the opposite D starts after a few hours or the next day. I haven't had a problem with D or C . I also have some chest pain . I'm going to stop alcohol for a few days , I drink alcohol almost everyday because it helps the pain . My mum told me my great grandfather used to drink a shot of alcohol to stop his stomach pain .

Alcohol is one of the worst things you can do for stomach pain. It may stop you from feeling the pain for a short time but it is a big stomach irritant. You are doing the right thing by dropping the alcohol for a while.

Alcohol is one of the worst things you can do for stomach pain. It may stop you from feeling the pain for a short time but it is a big stomach irritant. You are doing the right thing by dropping the alcohol for a while.

If I have my normal stomach pain I drink alcohol and it helps 9/10 times . But for this gluten pain it doesn't work as well. I think I see alcohol as a pain killer. I used to use it to help my back pain a few years ago drinking alcohol was the only thing that helped my back . Is all alcohol bad for stomach or is fizzy alcohol like cider worse than a still drink like wine ? I haven't had any alcohol today and my stomach has been worse :(

Can you try eating something that is soothing to your stomach? Maybe Cream of Buckwheat or Cream of Rice or perhaps some applesauce or even gluten-free crackers? That might help a bit. Do you eat soy or consume dairy? If you do have you tried cutting those out for a bit to see if it helps? Are you in the UK? I ask because I am aware that in some places in Europe Codex Wheat Starch is considered safe. If you consume products with that in them it might be a good idea to drop them for a bit and see if that helps.

Since you have been gluten free for a pretty long time it is good that you are checking things out with your doctor. Hopefully you will figure out what is going on soon and be feeling better.

Can you try eating something that is soothing to your stomach? Maybe Cream of Buckwheat or Cream of Rice or perhaps some applesauce or even gluten-free crackers? That might help a bit. Do you eat soy or consume dairy? If you do have you tried cutting those out for a bit to see if it helps? Are you in the UK? I ask because I am aware that in some places in Europe Codex Wheat Starch is considered safe. If you consume products with that in them it might be a good idea to drop them for a bit and see if that helps.

Since you have been gluten free for a pretty long time it is good that you are checking things out with your doctor. Hopefully you will figure out what is going on soon and be feeling better.

I have never heard of Cream of Buckwheat , I will have to try and find some . My stomach improved from thursday - saturday I had very little pain . It's strange I think I accidentally eat gluten and than my stomach pain improves. I eat dairy , dairy has always been a ? Because I came off dairy for 2 months and my stomach pain didn't improve but my flaky hair dandruff was completely gone and as soon as I went back on dairy the dandruff was back seems connected. I'm in the uk , I very rarely eat wheat starch products. I remember in 2008 my stomach became bad again and also many of the gluten free prescription products changed recipes at the same time , so i'm going to change my prescription products and see if that helps . Thanks , I hope my new doctor figures out what's wrong soon .