surfer

I Am Gluten Free! :)

Rate this topic

Where do i start....

well 8 months ago i lost 26lbs and felt depressed and scared. I went to my doctor and he said, its probably my gall bladder. After tests he couldnt figure it out. The next step was a Stomach doctor who has 40 years of experience.. He figured it all out and said, I need to cut Gluten out of my diet forever! I stopped eating gluten and i put 10lbs of weight back on. But i seem to still have cramps when i eat certain foods.. I noticed Tomatoes and Eggplant really hurt me. So i cut those out and still i have cramps etc... So i joined the Celiac.com and asked questions...Someone mentioned corn.. Its crazy because i just bought some corn bread and i have been eating gluten free cereal, which i checked today and its made of corn... So i decided the next day to not eat any cereal and NO corn bread...Guess what happened? NO CRAMPS! the whole day ..unbelieveable....So it looks like Goodbye Corn for me.:) I want to thank this Celiac website for letting people talk and share stuff...It really helped me...

Does anyone else have a story the same as me??? please share it .

Cheers!

surfer

I seem to be pretty lucky in that after going gluten free 11 weeks ago I don't seem to be sensitive to other foods, or at least not yet.