notanothername

Becoming Intolerant From Gluten-Free Diet?

Rate this topic

I asked this before, please forgive me for asking it again, I want to be extra, extra sure, it's not that I don't beleive whoever answered, just want to hear it again.

If someone is not intolerant to gluten and they start a gluten free diet, will this possibly make them become intolerant to it, so that if they then went back to gluten they would have a problem?

Thanks everyone for your patience.

I asked this before, please forgive me for asking it again, I want to be extra, extra sure, it's not that I don't beleive whoever answered, just want to hear it again.

If someone is not intolerant to gluten and they start a gluten free diet, will this possibly make them become intolerant to it, so that if they then went back to gluten they would have a problem?

Thanks everyone for your patience.

The answer is NO. If they don't have a problem with gluten, they should not have a problem eliminating it and then later adding it back in.

• Upvote 1

The answer is NO. If they don't have a problem with gluten, they should not have a problem eliminating it and then later adding it back in.

Ditto. If you are not intolerant to begin with going gluten free then back to gluten will not cause problems. Sometimes folks can have issues that they don't realize are gluten related and the problems may be more obvious when the gluten is added back into the diet.

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing myself!