Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wildapple

How Long?

Any idea how long these itchy bumps will last? It's been 4 months now. They used to come and go in about 3 weeks, but I've had this traveling itching since March. Started on my head, went down my neck, and now on my arms.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you eliminated iodine from your supplements and diet? The iodine can keep the antibodies active in skin. Also be sure you have eliminated gluten ingredients from your toiletries and be very careful about CC. It can take a while for lesions to heal but hopefully you will stop getting new ones soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I had to go to a dermatologist to get a prescription for Dapsone. It can heal them in as little as 48 hrs. I can tell a huge difference and I am only on my 4th dose.

~*Ashley*~

I would like to know also, how long does it take after gluten-free to have nice skin again? I think my oldest bump was a month ago. Does anyone know if taking Zinc supplement will help with wound healing?

Thanks,

Megan