notme!

One Year! :d

Rate this topic

gluten-free now for a whole year!! i had been diagnosed for months before and didn't tell a soul (denial) until i was sooo sick i couldn't avoid either taking ACTION or starving to death. i walked around for days crying and terrified, thinking: how in the world can i manage this - I CAN'T! IT'S TOO MUCH!! then my husband found me this wonderful website and all you beautiful celiacs. i couldn't have been this far down the road to recovery without you all - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!! thanx for listening to me rant and whine - i hope to be as helpful to other people as you have been for me, especially in the beginning when it seems so overwhelming (i remember clearly standing in the grocery store, thinking: I CAN'T EAT *ANYTHING* then i left without buying anything.....) i am on this site every day, reading and hopefully learning better ways to cope with everyday things i used to take for granted. you guys understand like nobody else. i feel ten years younger although i am still healing, things are getting better. 'good' days are more frequent than 'bad' days now :) sooo: thank you for helping me take my life back. it suuuure feels fiiiiine :D

HERE'S to YOU: "the best club i never wanted to join" <stole that from somebody on here lol

much love, (and hugs, b/c we need them!)

arlene

gluten-free now for a whole year!! i had been diagnosed for months before and didn't tell a soul (denial) until i was sooo sick i couldn't avoid either taking ACTION or starving to death. i walked around for days crying and terrified, thinking: how in the world can i manage this - I CAN'T! IT'S TOO MUCH!! then my husband found me this wonderful website and all you beautiful celiacs. i couldn't have been this far down the road to recovery without you all - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!! thanx for listening to me rant and whine - i hope to be as helpful to other people as you have been for me, especially in the beginning when it seems so overwhelming (i remember clearly standing in the grocery store, thinking: I CAN'T EAT *ANYTHING* then i left without buying anything.....) i am on this site every day, reading and hopefully learning better ways to cope with everyday things i used to take for granted. you guys understand like nobody else. i feel ten years younger although i am still healing, things are getting better. 'good' days are more frequent than 'bad' days now :) sooo: thank you for helping me take my life back. it suuuure feels fiiiiine :D

HERE'S to YOU: "the best club i never wanted to join" <stole that from somebody on here lol

much love, (and hugs, b/c we need them!)

arlene

Good for you! You have done extremely well. I bet in retrospect a year does not seem very long! Be proud of this gigantic accomplishment. Revel in it. :D

It is so nice to age backwards :D

Great to hear you are feeling better. The gluten free lifestyle does take some getting used to but it is so worth it in the end.

Happy Anniversary

Good for you! You have done extremely well. I bet in retrospect a year does not seem very long! Be proud of this gigantic accomplishment. Revel in it. :D

you bet! i am infamous for my lack of willpower lol so this is pretty huge for me to say: i did not cheat one single time :D glutened myself accidentally or stupidly, yes. thank you love2travel for giving me recipe insprirations :)

It is so nice to age backwards :D

Great to hear you are feeling better. The gluten free lifestyle does take some getting used to but it is so worth it in the end.

Happy Anniversary

yeah! no plastic surgeon LOL :D

thank you very much!! you all must be a good influence ;)

Happy Anniversary! You and I share the same diagnosis date! :)

Happy Anniversary! You and I share the same diagnosis date! :)

how cool is THAT??!! :D happy anniversary to you, too!!!