zimmer

Warning Bar

Rate this topic

Hi, all - I just noticed a warning bar on a post I made. But, there is no warning when I click on the link. Why is this and have I done something unacceptable? If so, my apologies!

thanks

No need to worry. Only you and the moderators can see your warn status. If it is empty it means you have not committed any forum infractions (which does not happen very often - but do read the forum rules). :)

Do the warnings ever "expire?" I have "2 strikes" (basically due to not reading the rules in advance - my own fault) and I'm concerned about getting banned for something unexpected down the road.

We really really hate to ban people. If you screw up a third time, you will be reminded, not warned. We only ban people who are truly spammers, or are trying very hard to break the rules.

You can always petition Scott (Admin) if you would like them removed, but most people leave them as a reminder. Different forums have different rules, and a warning sometimes makes it easier to remember that we don't allow self promotion here (which is the biggest innocent mistake most people make).

We don't want you to leave. :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the clarification. I don't want to leave either! I want to help.