Rocketlegs

Gluten Free 4 Days Feeling Weak?

Rate this topic

I started juicing Friday night, added ground turkey, rice on Saturday and Sunday and felt much better. I made a stir fry using organic hoisin sauce from World Market Sunday night. Monday I still felt good. Tuesday I started to have less energy and felt 'heavy' like gravity was boosted to 2x. Today I feel heavier like gravity is 3x.

Is this normal for going off gluten or did I accidentally get gluten in there somewhere?

Did you check the ingredients of the Hoisin Sauce?

Did you check the ingredients of the Hoisin Sauce?

I did at the time and thought it was ok, but now I'm wondering. I didn't check each ingredient against the Internet. The bottle was also picked up by the trash on Monday and I can't find it again online. It was World Market's organic hoisin sauce.

Would these symptoms be normal though for someone that had gluten or normal for getting off gluten? Would you go back to feeling bad some days even though you didn't have gluten?

You wouldn't be feeling bad because of gluten. You haven't been gluten free long enough for any problems to have resolved yet, so accidentally eating gluten isn't going to do anything to you at this point.

I felt terrible for a month or so when I started eating gluten-free after Celiac diagnosis. From what I understand this is very common.

Probably just going off gluten, although I already felt so bad that going off it didn't make me feel any worse. If the hoisin sauce weren't gluten-free, it would clearly list wheat. No guessing needed on that one.

richard

I started juicing Friday night, added ground turkey, rice on Saturday and Sunday and felt much better. I made a stir fry using organic hoisin sauce from World Market Sunday night. Monday I still felt good. Tuesday I started to have less energy and felt 'heavy' like gravity was boosted to 2x. Today I feel heavier like gravity is 3x.

Is this normal for going off gluten or did I accidentally get gluten in there somewhere?

Your not 'juicing' with wheat or barley grass are you? Those are not safe for us even though they can carry a gluten-free label.

Since you have only been gluten free for a few days you are far from fully healed. Some of us will also go through withdrawl from gluten so that may be going on also.

I had been making my own juice and then bought the Naked Juice in mango. I also bought their green machine but noticed the picture of a wheat stalk at the last second, searched the web and found out wheat grass has gluten. So I didn't drink it!

I guess I will assume this is all normal and just keep trucking.

More vegetables, more good fats such as olive oil, avocado, coconut milk. Low carb is tricky, have to use fats for the slow fuel.

Try a gluten free B complex vitamin, too.