KiDD3

Drywall Work Enviroment

Rate this topic

My wife started working for a company that manufactures drywall about 3 months ago. Around 2 months ago she started having bouts of acid reflux, which she recently starting getting help from our physician for. I just started researching the possibility that the drywall dust may be creating her problems, which in turn gave me the discovery that gluten is used in making drywall. Am I on the right track that the possiblity is there that being exposed to the dust created in manufacturing drywall could be causing her acid reflux?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum, feel free to move if necessary.

My wife started working for a company that manufactures drywall about 3 months ago. Around 2 months ago she started having bouts of acid reflux, which she recently starting getting help from our physician for. I just started researching the possibility that the drywall dust may be creating her problems, which in turn gave me the discovery that gluten is used in making drywall. Am I on the right track that the possiblity is there that being exposed to the dust created in manufacturing drywall could be causing her acid reflux?

Airborne contamination can be an issue if frequented, although it depends on how much too.

I sometimes find I have acid reflux and it certainly one of the many symptoms of coeliac disease. It would come from the bowel though. But certainly, yes, it could definitely be the case. :unsure:

I read that the adhesive used in drywall is the problem.

I do think it could be the problem. I work in new home sales for a builder. The smell of the homes when they just got sheetrocked always bothered me, kinda like the bread isle. Nothing major, just an offensive smell and couldn't wait to get away from it. I'm sure there are particles in the air that she can breathe in and get on her lips also. Maybe find a new job? With me, I don't go into them if they are doing sheetrock.

It could be a problem if she has gluten sensitivities. I know I can't even walk into certain restaurants or bakeries because they make me sick. But there could be a number of things in the drywall that could be making her sick. But she should get acid reflux checked out because that can cause some damage if not treated