mommyto2kids

Can Stop Taking Medication Cause Diahrrea, The Constipating Kind Of Med.?

Rate this topic

I haven't taken any today and yesterday. I had major surgery 3 wks ago. This evening I got it bad at church. I had gluten free soup and chips before and then within 30 minutes, it started. Sorry to be graffic, I went a whole bunch and then had the runs pretty bad. But did anyone else experience this? The meds back me up, so I'm hoping it may be related to this. I don't have a bug. 4 months ago I was diagnosed with celiac. I am in quite a bit of pain from not taking the meds. I'm wondering if the sensation of pain in that area is causing the poop sensation, I just don't know. I'm quite worried. Imodium helped, but I was hoping to be done with that after the celiac diagnosis. So bummed.

I haven't taken any today and yesterday. I had major surgery 3 wks ago. This evening I got it bad at church. I had gluten free soup and chips before and then within 30 minutes, it started. Sorry to be graffic, I went a whole bunch and then had the runs pretty bad. But did anyone else experience this? The meds back me up, so I'm hoping it may be related to this. I don't have a bug. 4 months ago I was diagnosed with celiac. I am in quite a bit of pain from not taking the meds. I'm wondering if the sensation of pain in that area is causing the poop sensation, I just don't know. I'm quite worried. Imodium helped, but I was hoping to be done with that after the celiac diagnosis. So bummed.

After being strictly gluten free for five months that started happening to me a month ago. All my related ultrasounds, x-rays, bloodwork came back normal. So, I came to the decision to eliminate dairy (sadly). Being off it for a week has really made a difference. I know I have not been glutened at all, either, so it must be dairy! :(