Hungrylady

Question About Healing/accidental Glutening

Rate this topic

Hello and good morning to you all,

I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to.

I am sort of new to living gluten-free, diagnosed about 3 months ago. Like most newly informed celiac I make mistakes. Often. I try not to, yesterday it was chicken feed (although it doesn't taste very good, ha ha JK) :( I read here I can make my own feed mix so that takes care of that but I keep messing up. So my question is this:

As I begin to heal, then get accidentally glutened, do I actually ruined all my healing and begin from day one again? I ask because it seems I can get a good amount of healing by 24 months (give or take, I understand this). Do I restart my 24 month hope to day one?

How bad is it for you when you make mistakes? Does it just wipe out any villi trying to grow?

Thanks in advance for the help!

You will be fine. All those studies on people recovering in 24 months are in real, live people who are getting glutened by mistake sometimes and simply doing their best. The people in studies who don't get well always admit to cheating and not really trying to stick to the diet. A single mistake will not wipe out your villi and set you back to square one. Just keep learning and avoid gluten as best you can.

I didn't even think of that! Everyone makes mistakes. Thanks for reminding me :)

• Upvote 1