gem75

Sinus Flare Up...

Rate this topic

it seems when i eat gluten my sinus flare up, i have massive nasal drip and the gross taste in my throat, howeer i have noticed I constantly have sinus problems (nasl drip down throat) even when off gluten, it's just worse when i'm eating it.

Is this common, to have horrible sinus , due to gluten? what about when you're off? to still suffer?

That's a good question. I know for me personally a sinus infection is what set me over the edge. I have always had GI issues and anxiety issues, but after a sinus infection in January, they were 100x worse than before to where I was miserable, always sick, and always anxious. But, now that I am off gluten the only thing that seems to get me anymore is a sinus headache or sinus pressure once in a while. I also seem to still be having issues with my sinuses, but I have only been gluten free for 2 months now. Even today I am a little dizzy and have a bit of a sinus headache.

Have you seen an ENT? You could have a comorbid sinus problem in addition to celiac. If you have a sinus condition in addition to celiac you could be gluten free forever and you still will have sinus problems.

Have you seen an ENT? You could have a comorbid sinus problem in addition to celiac. If you have a sinus condition in addition to celiac you could be gluten free forever and you still will have sinus problems.

interesting. I was to an ENT years ago, but not since going off G.

I'll have to look into comobid. Thanks for the heads up.

interesting. I was to an ENT years ago, but not since going off G.

I'll have to look into comobid. Thanks for the heads up.

ok i have looked high and low online about 'comorbid' and i just can't find anything. Does anyone have a link for me?

Comorbid is the term used when one condition effects the your symptoms/treatment of another condition. Like type two diabetes is a can be a comorbid condition for the morbidly obese. Or how my chronic sinusitis effects my hay fever. Does that make more sense? Also, have you been tested for allergies? Those can cause some pretty nasty sinus problems.

umm ok:) so is it the gluten causing the sinus (infections) that wont go away? how would an ENT diagnose this?

all i know is my sinuses are always bad, on gluten , they're awful, off gluten, they're better, but still have the nasal drip EVERY damn day, all day...

i had 96 food allergies tested. Wheat and yeast were a plus 4 , which is the highest , dairy was a plus one.

it seems when i eat gluten my sinus flare up, i have massive nasal drip and the gross taste in my throat, howeer i have noticed I constantly have sinus problems (nasl drip down throat) even when off gluten, it's just worse when i'm eating it.

Is this common, to have horrible sinus , due to gluten? what about when you're off? to still suffer?

Yes, I have sinus issues and I have connected the worst pressure from congestion to the times I have been glutened. However, when I stay away from glutens I do not have sinus trouble. The last sinus bought I had I was so miserable, doc said he saw no presence of an infection but put me on anti biotics away, I was better in days. Because I have such trouble the doc has suggested that at the beginning of the year I go on a steroid to try and ward off the issues I have in the late spring/early summer.

Yes, I have sinus issues and I have connected the worst pressure from congestion to the times I have been glutened. However, when I stay away from glutens I do not have sinus trouble. The last sinus bought I had I was so miserable, doc said he saw no presence of an infection but put me on anti biotics away, I was better in days. Because I have such trouble the doc has suggested that at the beginning of the year I go on a steroid to try and ward off the issues I have in the late spring/early summer.

i don't believe i've been glutened but my sinuses are awful right now:( i made homemade salsa last night and i'm worried it's the tomatoes causing this?

interesting about the steriod, i have predistone a dr gave me, i never took it though. I wonder if taking it would help ward off this nasty infection that seems will not go away:(