alexsami

Soooo Frustrated....please Help

Rate this topic

ok, i have been gluten free for almost 3 weeks.......my symptoms before were horrible diarrhea, gross smelly stools, lots of gas........i will say there is some improvement, but one day, i will actually have formed poop (still pale however) and the next day, we are back to square one......my question is when do you see improvement for good? when will i have my normal poops back? i am getting so frustrated.....i am 40 years old, and had some sublte symptoms years ago, but had no idea what the disease was, and no dr, or anyone ever bought it to my attention. please anyone give me some insight, i am losing my mind!! also any idea what is the best multiple vitamin to take?

Thanks so much

so glad i found this site!!

It depends on the person how long it takes for the symptoms to dissapear. for me i didn't see any improvement at all with my symptoms (severe stomach pain, and foggyness and others) so the next time i went to my gastrointerologist about 3 months later i told him and he put me on medication that was supposed to "reset" my system it was basicly a strong antiinflamatory that helped me a ton but i still had stomach pain for about 3 months after being on the meds so they did another biopsy and it was clear. after that i did an elemenation like diet and found about 5 foods that also caused my symptoms (corn, beans, and milk amongst others) so i would suggest taking out the most common other intolerances like milk, soy, corn, eggs... and see if that helps at all and if it doesn't i would talk to your gastrointerologist

nicole

It really does depend on the person, but the fact that you're noticing any change at all is a very good sign. It may just be that your system is taking longer to heal, which can take as long as a few months, but is truly worth the wait. It also may be that you're accidentally consuming gluten, possibly through cross-contamination or another source, which is inhibiting your system from healing. If you haven't already, browse the many many tips people have posted on this site to ensure that cross-contamination doesn't occur. Otherwise, as hard as it is, you may just need to wait a bit longer. Good luck!

Are you still eating dairy? Try eliminating that. A lot of people who are gluten sensitive can't tolerate casein either.