Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally@45

Too Old For A Diagnosis?

AMEN AS A FATHER OF TWO AND A FITNESS THERAPIST, AND PERSONAL TRAINER, I WAS FRUSTERATED ON THE LENGTH OF TIME IT TOOK THEM TO FIGURE OUT I HAD CELIAC DISEASE. IF INTERESTED WOULD LOVE TO TYPE CHAT MORE. GOD BLESS!

You know the funny/sad thing is how long we go without knowing! Looking back with the knowlage I have now...I've had symtoms since the age of 6 at least....(elementry school age children should not be passing out for no reason, or having debilitating migraines for no reason...blood tests and cat scans allways came up negitive...maybe a simple allergy test would have been nice!!!)

My point is that this goes unchecked for so long and its not till we're older (in my case 47) that we fially find out whats REALY wrong!!!After the nerve dammage and malnoutrishion...I thought it was MS for the longest time....I only had like 95 out of 100 symptoms... :blink::angry: !!! It's just ashame that none of these "profesionals" had the sense to even be suspicious or make the sugestion!

well now the world is getting wiser about this epidemic...and its begining to bwe a house hold name...maybe someday kids will be tested routinely just as they get their imunity shots...It could happen! :rolleyes::D

Just thought I'd throw in my 2cents !! B)

AMEN AS A FATHER OF TWO AND A FITNESS THERAPIST, AND PERSONAL TRAINER, I WAS FRUSTERATED ON THE LENGTH OF TIME IT TOOK THEM TO FIGURE OUT I HAD CELIAC DISEASE. IF INTERESTED WOULD LOVE TO TYPE CHAT MORE. GOD BLESS!

Hi Ironcross...welcome to the community!!! :D

How long ago did you find out?Have you started gluten free yet? It will take awhile for everything to get out of your system..some days even the good stuff will upset you..you have an advantage being a fittness theripist though...you must allready be eating pretty healthy! just watch for those hidden glutens! theres some good info on the Celiac.com site(as well as this forum) but scott has a list of words to look for that are hidden gluten in ingrediants and what to look for!It's very helpful...google all products you use in your house for gluten...(toothpaste, shampoo, deoderent, your brand of instant coffee...)!! Ya I know...I was shocked too ..but gluten is used as a filler and emulsifier...it's in EVERYTHING!!! :blink::ph34r: