chrissygirlca

Applesauce Good For D?

Rate this topic

I was just wondering I read that applesauce is good for ibs symptoms and d which I get a lot but if it is fructose malabsorbtion should I not try it? I'm gonna go on a strict elimination diet after my bday like 5 ingredients but untill then(a week) should I stay away from it I'm super sensetive I think it might be leaky guy or ibs my doc doesant believe in those though.

Fructose malabsorption is what I was going to mention as I read your title...Applesauce never worked for me when I had D. Simple meat and veg diet...well cooked...helped me.

The brat diet helped me figure out what was wrong. (Toast was a killer!) A diet of bananas, rice and apples for a few days made me finally stop having uncontrollable d. But we're all different...

Blueberries are wonderfully good for diareahha, surprisingly.

So maybe try a brab diet. (Bananas, rice, apples, blueberries.) Then start introducing foods a day at a time. Try not to repeat proteins for a few days, mix starches and veggies up a bit and try eating foods you never had before to mix things up. (For me, it was introducing goat, lamb, venison, and more fish...I'm not real keen about red meat but forced myself to eat it because I was so sick and wanted more than anything to get better.

I kept getting new food intolerances. So I started a rotation diet based on advice from this forum. It wasn't easy, but I think it was part of what helped me get better.

i feel like any type of fruit gives me pains/gas but then again im not sure if it was the fruit or something else. I was cheating on and off in the beginning but stopped. I try to stay away from fruits. When i tried any types of berries i got serious pain and the rest of fruits gave me lots of gas/d. Still trying to figure it out. All i was is regular bowel movement and no more sypmtoms. Every day is new pain and new symptoms with d and gas/pains being at the top. Sorry to be so graphic. Is this too much to ask for *sigh*. Now here is where the depression kicks in. I don't know what i would do without this site. Doctors are worthless in my opinion.

i feel like any type of fruit gives me pains/gas but then again im not sure if it was the fruit or something else. I was cheating on and off in the beginning but stopped. I try to stay away from fruits. When i tried any types of berries i got serious pain and the rest of fruits gave me lots of gas/d. Still trying to figure it out. All i was is regular bowel movement and no more sypmtoms. Every day is new pain and new symptoms with d and gas/pains being at the top. Sorry to be so graphic. Is this too much to ask for *sigh*. Now here is where the depression kicks in. I don't know what i would do without this site. Doctors are worthless in my opinion.

Chrissy, I don't know if I have the answer. I understand your frustration with doctors. My mom had celiac disease and we lived miles apart from each other. I could tell when I talked on the phone with her when she'd had been having a bad bout (from being non-compliant with a gluten-free diet.) I'd fly home and start a diet of rice, mashed potatoes, cooked or raw apples, give her electrolytes, introduce meats without fats, get her on the right keel to avoid hospitalization.

For me, certain other food intolerances kicked me down. Soy, corn and dairy. Then legumes. In the meantime, dairy is ok for now. I'm trying to be civilized and not go dairy crazy. For Mom and I, apples and bluberries are good,and helped eliminate "d". That doesn't necessarly mean that they'll be ok for you, especially is you happen to have fructose intolerance.

Good luck figuring it out, wish you the best and hope you feel better.