hales

Discouraged With Lab Tests About 5 Months Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Hi,

I'm a bit discouraged. I was diagnosed at the end of March and have been gluten free since. I've been really careful. At 4 months I got my blood work done again because I want to get pregnant asap. (Im 35- feel like clock is ticking - have 2 year old twins and 2 miscarriages). My lab results at 4 months were good but still evidence of gluten. After 6 more weeks I had them done again and the deamidated gliadin abs, iga and igg are both HIGHER than they were 6 weeks ago. I also started to feel really sick 2 days before the blood work was done and think I was gluttened. I can't figure out how but have been sick for a week. I'm wondering if the gluttening could have affected the blood work that fast. I don't think so. I was 84 for IGa and 55 for Igg.

My ttg, iga is down to 7 and 10 for ttg igg.

i kind of just want to go ahead and get pregnant. i was feeling fine until this last week. My vitamin levels are all normal.

And advice?

Hi,

I'm a bit discouraged. I was diagnosed at the end of March and have been gluten free since. I've been really careful. At 4 months I got my blood work done again because I want to get pregnant asap. (Im 35- feel like clock is ticking - have 2 year old twins and 2 miscarriages). My lab results at 4 months were good but still evidence of gluten. After 6 more weeks I had them done again and the deamidated gliadin abs, iga and igg are both HIGHER than they were 6 weeks ago. I also started to feel really sick 2 days before the blood work was done and think I was gluttened. I can't figure out how but have been sick for a week. I'm wondering if the gluttening could have affected the blood work that fast. I don't think so. I was 84 for IGa and 55 for Igg.

My ttg, iga is down to 7 and 10 for ttg igg.

i kind of just want to go ahead and get pregnant. i was feeling fine until this last week. My vitamin levels are all normal.

And advice?

It sounds like you were gluttened. :( The DGP will become elevated before the tTg (from what I understand). The good news is your ttg is down, so it could have been an isolated gluttening or sporadic cross contaminations keeping the DGP numbers high (but not high enough to elevate your ttg).

Have you been super strict? Any chance of CC? Have you eaten out lately? Are your twins gluten-free, because they could easily be contaminating you with their little glutteny fingers!

I also would like to say how sorry I am for your losses! :( I have been there, too. :( :( :(