love2travel

Homemade Fruit Leather

Rate this topic

As you know, I love to make all I can possible from scratch (including fruit leather). Happened upon this method today that some of you maybe interested in. I will make this with my own homemade roasted applesauce.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en-CA/FoodandRecipes/Pages/Homemade-Fruit-Leather.aspx?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Single%2BFocus&utm_campaign=Leather&TID=243bc5da-7355-49bf-986f-285fd45f97e8

This sounds great! I am going to make this. Thanks for posting. I am really trying to make everything from scratch myself so this will be nice. :)

This sounds great! I am going to make this. Thanks for posting. I am really trying to make everything from scratch myself so this will be nice. :)

Awesome! Can you imagine how much healthier it is to make yourself? Not only that but man, homemade sure is tasty. Plus it is also fun! :D

Awesome! Can you imagine how much healthier it is to make yourself? Not only that but man, homemade sure is tasty. Plus it is also fun! :D

Yes, so much healthier and no CC! Can't beat that. (I always enjoy your recipes and cooking tips etc.)

Yes, so much healthier and no CC! Can't beat that. (I always enjoy your recipes and cooking tips etc.)

YES!! That CC is one of the trickiest things about this gluten-free diet, isn't it?

Thanks for the compliment. I do not want assume that people want my recipes or tips but as food is on my mind about 98.7% of the time I cannot help myself. There is no reason why we cannot eat fabulously, too! :D

Thanks so much for posting this recipe!

Once the weather turns cool I feel more like playing in the kitchen.

Thanks so much for posting this recipe!

Once the weather turns cool I feel more like playing in the kitchen.

You are welcome. We had a cool summer (with frost in some areas a week ago) but yet now we have had temps in the 90s for a solid week. Great for the farmers but not great for those of us (pick me) who cannot tolerate heat. But I cannot complain - it has been very nice weather (except extremely dry). As we have no A/C, I, too, love to cook dishes such as braises more in the cooler months.

Nice. We do ours in the food dehydrator so it doesn't tie up the oven and heat up the kitchen. It has tray inserts for fruit leather. We puree fruits, sometimes add (homemade, no sugar) applesauce, and let it dry. Yum!!!

Nice. We do ours in the food dehydrator so it doesn't tie up the oven and heat up the kitchen. It has tray inserts for fruit leather. We puree fruits, sometimes add (homemade, no sugar) applesauce, and let it dry. Yum!!!

That is about the only kitchen tool I do not have for some weird reason. I will be getting a new Vita Mix in a few days and cannot wait to make all sorts of leathers and wonderfully healthy juices. Perhaps I should buy a dehydrator - whenever I make leathers or fruit chips I wonder why I don't have one. I also like to dry citrus, tomatoes, herbs for blends, etc.