allergyprone

Does Anyone Know Where To Find More Info

Rate this topic

I have been looking for research about people with celiac disease having a higher risk for developing type 1 diabetes and have only been able to find 1 study <http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/11/2483>

(rewriten a bunch of times) and was wondering if anyone knows where i could find some more info about this topic.

Thanks

Nicole

I'm not sure there are many on that. You might have some luck looking for research on celiac disease and developing other auto-immune diseases in general. I believe there may be a couple on that, but I think they were mostly survey studies.

Perhaps you could do a search of the NIH website. They advise that all type 1's be tested for celiac since it has been found that Type 1 diabetics have a higher tendency to develop it. Sorry I don't have a link. Later today I will try to find some links for you.

I'll second the suggestion to look for studies on Celiacs developing other auto-immune diseases in general, and there may be stats within those studies on each subsequent/concurrent auto-immune disease. Generally speaking, I believe it is commonly known that if someone has one auto-immune, they're prone to get others as well.