Melanie:)

Need Some Advice ;(

Rate this topic

Over the last 4 months I have had problems with itchy legs, I know that sounds like a minor problem, but it has been very bad. Especially at night. I went to the doctor back in the spring, and told him I wasn't feeling well and my legs itched so bad it was driving me crazy. There isn't anything wrong with my skin, no rash, bumps or dryness. He told me it was just probably something I was washing with. He took blood and found that I had an iron deficiency and a vitamin D deficiency. and give me prescriptions for those. over the summer my itching is still there and I don't feel any better. In researching I have found that my symptoms seem to have a connection. I was diagnosed with osteopenia 10 years ago. In the reading I have done, thought that I may have Celiac Disease, and have went off Gluten for a week and a half. my itching hasn't gotten better. But just realized that my shampoo has wheat protein in it. So I am changing that today. My question is should I continue with my self diagnosis and see if my itching goes away? or go back to eating gluten and see the doctor? I feel very overwhelmed and confused. I have researched and read and have come to the point I don't know what to do. I would love to hear from those of you who have been threw this...Thank you so much, I think this forum is a God sent.

It would be a good idea IMHO to go back on gluten and get tested. After celiac testing is done then give the diet a strict try.

Oh, I feel for you. :( I had the same terrible itchy rash on my shins before I was diagnosed and it made me miserable. It did take a good couple of months for me to see complete improvement, but thankfully I haven't had a reoccurance since then. Hope you get some answers and relief soon!

Oh, I feel for you. :( I had the same terrible itchy rash on my shins before I was diagnosed and it made me miserable. It did take a good couple of months for me to see complete improvement, but thankfully I haven't had a reoccurance since then. Hope you get some answers and relief soon!

Thank you so much, it does make me feel better to talk to those that can relate!

It would be a good idea IMHO to go back on gluten and get tested. After celiac testing is done then give the diet a strict try.

Ok I think I am going to do that how long do you think I should go back on gluten before I see the doctor? Thank you so much for your help.

Ok I think I am going to do that how long do you think I should go back on gluten before I see the doctor? Thank you so much for your help.

As long as you go right back on gluten a week and a half shouldn't mess up the celiac tests. Good luck! I had an itchy rash on my hand so I know how annoying it can be.