gluten free overseas

Gall Bladder

Rate this topic

Thanks to everyone who was so supportive when I was sick a while back. Well, I did eventually go to the doctor--and it turns out that I have a really bad off gall bladder. Like stones as big as a centimeter.

I'm tired of things being wrong with me, now I'm losing my gall bladder too. I know tons of people live without gall bladders--still, I'm a little discouraged. I did a search--it looks as though tons of people who were diagnosed late in life with gluten problems have had gall bladders just quit on them. Do any of you have those days when you think... if only I had known sooner about celiac disease?

And I've overseas... we have good medical care here... still... not the easiest thing.

I'm tired of things being wrong with me, now I'm losing my gall bladder too. I know tons of people live without gall bladders--still, I'm a little discouraged. I did a search--it looks as though tons of people who were diagnosed late in life with gluten problems have had gall bladders just quit on them. Do any of you have those days when you think... if only I had known sooner about celiac disease?

I know how you feel. I've been having stomach problems for as long as I can remember and it was after the birth of my second child that it started to become worse. Of course it took another 4 yrs for the doctors to take my pain seriously and figure out (for starters) that it was my gallbladder. I lost 100 pounds in that time because EVERYTHING I eat caused terrible pain (except lean chicken and curtain veggies). So I had my GB removed and thought that would be the end of it....nope pain was still there. Finally after being told that I was suffering with IBS for the last 4 yrs I've come to find out its Celiac. At least I'm on the right track now, that's all that matters to me at this point but yes I do have times where I wished I could have figured it out sooner. Hang in there :) You are not alone!!

Just take it out hun :) Its not worth the hassel in the long run.

With mine, i did not have stones... it just stopped working.

Thanks to everyone who was so supportive when I was sick a while back. Well, I did eventually go to the doctor--and it turns out that I have a really bad off gall bladder. Like stones as big as a centimeter.

And I've overseas... we have good medical care here... still... not the easiest thing.

Just speaking to a Celiac friend of mine and we were both saying it just seems to be one thing after the other. I have stones in my kidneys that have been lodged for 20 years and because of the location surgery would be too intrusive and not suggested. Good thing is that you can more than likely get your gallstones removed and cause no harm to your gallbladder itself. I have had 3 family members have their gallbladders removed and they were only slightly better afterwards so if it doesn't have to come out, great! I too live overseas.