Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love2travel

Very Good Multi-Grain Bread Recipe

We've sure been talking about bread here a lot lately! With good reason. :D

Just want to share a good multi-grain recipe with you. It uses teff and flax meal. Teff is one of my favourite flours. So far I cannot find ivory teff so use dark teff. Too much dark teff can be strong but this recipe does not require much. Teff is the flour used in injera.

http://food.chatelaine.com/recipes/view/gluten-free-multi-grain-bread/30085

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We've sure been talking about bread here a lot lately! With good reason. :D

Just want to share a good multi-grain recipe with you. It uses teff and flax meal. Teff is one of my favourite flours. So far I cannot find ivory teff so use dark teff. Too much dark teff can be strong but this recipe does not require much. Teff is the flour used in injera.

http://food.chatelaine.com/recipes/view/gluten-free-multi-grain-bread/30085

I've used a recipe similar to this and it was very, very good. I'll add this to my "to do" bread recipes. I have 3 gluten free multi-grain recipes on my to do list...King Arthur, Jules, and this one. Am waiting for cooler weather.

I've used a recipe similar to this and it was very, very good. I'll add this to my "to do" bread recipes. I have 3 gluten free multi-grain recipes on my to do list...King Arthur, Jules, and this one. Am waiting for cooler weather.

I love it when gluten-free bread really looks like bread.

I know what you mean about cooler weather. Just two weeks ago we had lots of frost; now it is 90 degrees which is incredibly unusual for us this time of year. Not bread baking weather, that is for sure!

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Hooray, a bread I can eat AND I have all the ingredients for :D Soon as I get back on my feet it's baking time!

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009