kristen34

Celiac And Gastritis

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac over the summer. Earlier this week, after having increased stomach pain, I had another endoscopy. It showed that I had an extremely rare type of gastritis called collagenous gastritis. My doctor wants to put me on steroids but I have absolutely no interest in being put on steroids. I want my stomach to grt better because it's very very inflamed, however the side effects of steroids are too crazy for me. I am in high school and there is no way I can have my face break out and be puffy and not get enough sleep. I get side effects from every medication soi know I will react negatively with steroids. Are there any other medicines I can take?

Are you strict about gluten free? Do you cook for yourself or does your parents? Have the necessary precautions been taken to minimize/eliminate cross contamination?

I was diagnosed with celiac over the summer. Earlier this week, after having increased stomach pain, I had another endoscopy. It showed that I had an extremely rare type of gastritis called collagenous gastritis. My doctor wants to put me on steroids but I have absolutely no interest in being put on steroids. I want my stomach to grt better because it's very very inflamed, however the side effects of steroids are too crazy for me. I am in high school and there is no way I can have my face break out and be puffy and not get enough sleep. I get side effects from every medication soi know I will react negatively with steroids. Are there any other medicines I can take?

You should look into going on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Before being diagnosed with Celiac I was told I had gastritis after going to the emergency room for abdominal pain. I was on prednisone for severe uticaria (hives) and swelling. Prednisone has a lot of side effects and isn't a good medication to be on for an extended period of time. I hated how I felt on prednisone. I'm thankful I'm off and hope I dont need to go back on it. I gained 30 pounds on prednisone and was swollen with fluid retention. Try to stay active and drink lots of water to prevent fluid retention.