DanielleR

I Think I Have "glutened" Myself

Rate this topic

I found out that I have Celiacs this year. I have been doing everything I can to advoid gluten. I call all 800 numbers if I think there might be gluten. I research before leaving if we are going out. I thought I was doing everything right, until today when I was at the grocery store. I was buying meat, and I was going to pick up chicken. Now I usually buy fresh, but I have bought frozen when I know I am going to make stuff for upcoming meals. Well, today I go to pick up the frozen chicken and something catches my eye, it says prepared in chicken broth then frozen. I could not believe this! Here I was thinking I was doing it right, when clear as day it says chicken broth all over it. I almost started to cry in the middle of the store. I never thought that raw chicken would be a problem. I am not sure what to do now. SHould I call the doctor to see about a blood test? I don'tknow what good that would do, but I would hate to think that this whole year, I have done nothing right. Has this happened to any of you before?

Ok, whoa.

The broth in the chicken may or may not have gluten in it.

Call the company that markets it and ask what's in it.

We all mess up. The last year has NOT been in vain. This won't be the last mistake - so just keep doing what you're doing.

We all make mistakes eating gluten-free.

I found out that I have Celiacs this year. I have been doing everything I can to advoid gluten. I call all 800 numbers if I think there might be gluten. I research before leaving if we are going out. I thought I was doing everything right, until today when I was at the grocery store. I was buying meat, and I was going to pick up chicken. Now I usually buy fresh, but I have bought frozen when I know I am going to make stuff for upcoming meals. Well, today I go to pick up the frozen chicken and something catches my eye, it says prepared in chicken broth then frozen. I could not believe this! Here I was thinking I was doing it right, when clear as day it says chicken broth all over it. I almost started to cry in the middle of the store. I never thought that raw chicken would be a problem. I am not sure what to do now. SHould I call the doctor to see about a blood test? I don'tknow what good that would do, but I would hate to think that this whole year, I have done nothing right. Has this happened to any of you before?

Have you gotten symptoms from that chicken in the past? It's not likely, there was gluten in that broth. You could google the companies name and check on it's status.