joyw4

New Blood Results

Rate this topic

In July my gliadin results came back positive. Just my IgG. It was 100. I had an endoscopy which was negative. I have had gastric bypass and the phys. asst said could pose a problem. Then in August they said my labs could have been false positive, so even though I had been gluten free for a couple of weeks I repeated the test. It went down to 56. So the Dr ordered the endomysial and genetic test. I decided to remain gluten free cause I was scared to death of being sick again. Well my genetic test was positive and although my numbers dropped on my IgG it is still positive. But just because the biopsy was negative they won't call it celiac??? BTW, my dad has celiac too. Should I do the gluten challenge and repeat the biopsy?

Are you IgA deficient? If you have normal levels of IgA and the rest of the celiac panel was negative you might be gluten intolerant rather than celiac.

It's still really good to be gluten-free since your dad is celiac and you're starting to get antibodies. Developing celiac can be a slow process in some people and being off gluten will keep you from ever getting to the point where you have autoimmunity and your intestines are damaged.