Beach123

Butterball Fozen Turkey

Rate this topic

Today is Thanksgiving. Dinner was simple, just my husband and myself. Butterball, Frozen Turkey Breast, baked potatoes, butternut squash. I read earlier posts saying that Butterball turkeys were gluten free. I have been sick for the past two hours. Has anyone had a similar experience? Diagnosed Celiac in 2010, misdiagnosed for 7 years, recent diagnosis of Lactose intolerance.

Today is Thanksgiving. Dinner was simple, just my husband and myself. Butterball, Frozen Turkey Breast, baked potatoes, butternut squash. I read earlier posts saying that Butterball turkeys were gluten free. I have been sick for the past two hours. Has anyone had a similar experience? Diagnosed Celiac in 2010, misdiagnosed for 7 years, recent diagnosis of Lactose intolerance.

There are a couple of butterballs that are not gluten free in the frozen line. That is why my MIL got a fresh butterball instead. Sorry about the Thanksgiving mishap. Drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, and feel better!

I am sorry to hear that you were sick, especially on Thanksgiving.

We discuss this question here every November, and as far as I can recall, all Butterball turkeys are gluten-free, although some have a sealed packet of gravy mix included that is not.

There are no Butterballs that aren't gluten-free unless there's a pre-stuffed one. As Peter said, there is a separate gravy packet with some but it's double or triple wrapped and any leakage would be obvious.

richard