tennisman

Strange Food Label

Rate this topic

Earlier I read the ingredients on some sweets . In the english ingredients it seemed gluten free . But below it had AU ingredients and it had glucose syrup from wheat . So this means the product is not okay ? Kinda confused me , never seen a product with different ingredients for different country's :S

The difference I think is in labeling regs. Some would consider the the glucose syrup processed enough to be gluten free. Personally I would pass on the item.

I'm in Canada. The Canadian Celiac Association lists "glucose syrup" as safe for us, saying, "the manufacturing process renders glucose syrups gluten-free regardless of the source of the starch."

The difference I think is in labeling regs. Some would consider the the glucose syrup processed enough to be gluten free. Personally I would pass on the item.

Thanks for the advice I'm not going to eat them :)

I'm in Canada. The Canadian Celiac Association lists "glucose syrup" as safe for us, saying, "the manufacturing process renders glucose syrups gluten-free regardless of the source of the starch."

Thanks for the info :)