Silencio

Brands Of Pasta In Canada

Rate this topic

Looking for some brands of pasta that I can find in Canada. I've been eating this organic stuff that I thought was gluten free.. fail on my part haha.

We use Tinkyada and are very satisfied. It is Canadian. Gluten-free, and Kosher too.

We prefer the brown rices ones over the white rice. FWIW.

I would try the Italian Centre (there are two locations in Edmonton) as they have several brands. I make my own pasta by hand so am afraid I cannot help you on many brands! However, when I was first diagnosed, I recall trying some corn pasta that was horrendous as was some plain white rice pasta. What I disliked about corn and rice pastas was the flavour. Just nothing like the real thing and very offputting. Very unlike pasta to me. Maybe look for a blend such as King Soba's sweet potato and buckwheat noodles. They have several flavours that are my go to if for some reason I do not make my own. That is the only brand I can recommend wholeheartedly as it is flavourful and has great texture if cooked to al dente. I would love to find the pumpkin ginger rice. They are made in a wheat-free facility according to their website and are labeled gluten free on the package.

http://www.kingsoba.com/organic-noodles-udon.php

There are a few here but we mainly buy tinkyada as well.

I couldn't find tinkyada in Superstore. Im sure they will have it in Planet Organic. Dont like to shop there to often since its so much more expensive. I will also try Italian Centre, thanks Love.

I couldn't find tinkyada in Superstore. Im sure they will have it in Planet Organic. Dont like to shop there to often since its so much more expensive. I will also try Italian Centre, thanks Love.

The IC is AMAZING. Sometimes they get in exotic mushrooms, fresh figs, etc. It is where I stock up on most of my cool stuff.

I would try the Italian Centre (there are two locations in Edmonton) as they have several brands. I make my own pasta by hand so am afraid I cannot help you on many brands! However, when I was first diagnosed, I recall trying some corn pasta that was horrendous as was some plain white rice pasta. What I disliked about corn and rice pastas was the flavour. Just nothing like the real thing and very offputting. Very unlike pasta to me. Maybe look for a blend such as King Soba's sweet potato and buckwheat noodles. They have several flavours that are my go to if for some reason I do not make my own. That is the only brand I can recommend wholeheartedly as it is flavourful and has great texture if cooked to al dente. I would love to find the pumpkin ginger rice. They are made in a wheat-free facility according to their website and are labeled gluten free on the package.

http://www.kingsoba.com/organic-noodles-udon.php

Just a warning on the King Soba noodles: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency issued a recall for them last year due to gluten contamination.

I eat Rizopia pasta. Relatively inexpensive and easy to find (or at least it is in Ontario).

Just a warning on the King Soba noodles: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency issued a recall for them last year due to gluten contamination.

I eat Rizopia pasta. Relatively inexpensive and easy to find (or at least it is in Ontario).

I had no idea! Thanks for posting this information. Thank goodness I almost always make my own pasta.