revenant

Dairy Reaction To Probiotics?

Rate this topic

Has anybody had a reaction to a "dairy-free" probiotic? I think they still use milk in small amounts to make the cultures do they not? I'm buying one, but have heard that some people can react to even the small amount so I'm a little bit afraid.

I had no problem wit probiotics when I was unable to eat dairy.

I think if they assure you it is dairy free, they mean it.

I never had an issue with probiotics, dairy free or not ---BUT I do use the ones that are both DF and gluten-free.

Best wishes!

I'm very sensitive to dairy (possibly super sensitive?) and I was getting sick with "pearls" probiotics (of course I couldn't figure out what was making me sick at the time).

I'd gone through one box when they switched the labeling to remove "dairy free" (note: always check labels, even on stuff you've been using) - I contacted them and they told me that they did culture from dairy and could have trace amounts. My body sure noticed those trace amounts!

As soon as I switched to a dairy free probiotic that problem went away. So don't be afraid to use probiotics - just pick one that is gluten and dairy free. I use Renew Life Ultimate Flora (check for the allergen free varieties). I get it at Whole Foods and it's labeled gluten, dairy and soy free. No negative effects from it. Whether it actually helps, I couldn't say.