Kristinade

Chronic Fatigue

Rate this topic

Not know if this is asthma related (my lungs are clear) but for the longest time I have suffered with constant fatigue. It's worse in the winter----I want to sleep all the time and I am yawning more times than not these days, except lately I've been gasping whenever I yawn. No other breathing problems right now. This can't be normal or is it? I don't know what's normal for me anymore. Any other Celiac asthma patients suffer from this?

Not know if this is asthma related (my lungs are clear) but for the longest time I have suffered with constant fatigue. It's worse in the winter----I want to sleep all the time and I am yawning more times than not these days, except lately I've been gasping whenever I yawn. No other breathing problems right now. This can't be normal or is it? I don't know what's normal for me anymore. Any other Celiac asthma patients suffer from this?

<raising hand>!!! I literally have been going to doctors for TWENTY YEARS complaining that SOMETHING had to be wrong with me. I could literally sleep 24/7 if I had the opportunity. Of course they found nothing, told me I was depressed and put me on meds and sent me on my way. It all fell into place when I insisted on being tested for Celiac and it came back positive. I don't have asthma though.

I've only been gluten-free 9 weeks (had a couple of mishaps in there though) and I can already tell I'm not as sleepy as I usually am. I'm not to where I'd like to be, but I definitely see an improvement. I'm hoping it gradually gets better. I definitely feel like I think more clearly now too.

How long have you been gluten free?

• Upvote 1

There is a direct link between deficiency in Vitamin D and asthma....as well as fatigue when deficient also. I would have your vitamin D levels checked. Also during the winter is your lowest level of Vitamin D due to the sun's lack of strength.

There is a direct link between deficiency in Vitamin D and asthma....as well as fatigue when deficient also. I would have your vitamin D levels checked. Also during the winter is your lowest level of Vitamin D due to the sun's lack of strength.

I have been gluten-free for 2-3 weeks. Well, not completely gluten-free during this time as I cheat sometimes but mostly gluten-free.

I have been gluten-free for 2-3 weeks. Well, not completely gluten-free during this time as I cheat sometimes but mostly gluten-free.

If you have celiac, you so not want to cheat EVER. :blink:

This may be why you have continuing fatigue and asthma symptoms.